Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Product import

Product import

Michael Knudsen

I'm really struggling with product imports (updates to existing products) and I hope some of you have a good advice.

Based on the datamodel in the example below, have I some shared fields for all bikes, but I also have specific fields for some of the sub-categories.  The Excel import file from the bike supplier have a mix of fields related to 'Bikes', 'Mountain bikes' and 'Road bikes'.

When importing into 'Bikes' it's not possible to map any data to 'Mountain bikes' fields or 'Road bikes', so is the only solution to run the import in 'Mountain bikes' and 'Road bikes'?

PS. my customer case have more than +50 different sub-categories and it really dosn't makes sense they have to do the same import in all categories.

Br. Michael Knudsen

Replies

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Michael,

If your Data-model are placed on lowest level in above structure, you can only chose Data-model fields on that level ..

It is possible to import Product-standardfield and Product-customerfield across structure levels

NB! But you could make a setup in settings "Data integration", there you are able to chose all Fields to import

/Søren

You must be logged in to post in the forum