Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Product fields and attributes import?

Product fields and attributes import?

Davy Capiau

Hi,

I wonder if there is an (easy and) efficient method to import product attributes (global custom fields, attribute group fields, etc.)?

Our customer has a lot of them, and creating them manually would take a lot of time. Some fields can't be changed after import so it's not an easy integration to setup.

Kind regards

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi Davy,

Can you try and elaborate a bit? In many cases it is the tables EcomProduts and EcomGroups. Is it because you are creating data for both on the fly, and are unsure how relational data between tables should be? I am not quite sure what it is that you request...

BR
Snedker

Davy Capiau

Hi Morten,

I have an Excel with + 250 product fields. The customer defined:

- the type (boolean, integer, etc.),

- if its a global custom field or part of a category

- if it's a reference field

- etc.

If they have to create it manually in DW10, it's a lot of work. I am aware we can import it via the DynamicWebprovider as well, but we're afraid of importing bad data which is hard to debug afterwards. I want to know if there is an 'ideal way' involving not too much manual work, but avoiding a complex import.

Davy Capiau

Fyi - I created an import for the attributes (not the values) via the Excel and Dynamicwebprovider. It's pretty doable

**General Information**
When importing reference fields, you must import multiple lines:
>Once for creation in the correct Category Reference Group.
>Once or more times for assignment to regular Category groups. Note, you must enter the ID of the Category Reference Group in the column FieldForeignCategoryId.

**Importing Attribute Category Group**
Required tables:

- EcomProductCategory
- EcomProductCategoryTranslation

**Importing Attribute Category Fields**
Required tables:

- EcomProductCategoryField
- EcomProductCategoryFieldTranslation
**Importing Global Custom Fields**

You must be logged in to post in the forum