Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Product Category List Values in Different Languages

Product Category List Values in Different Languages

Tobias Nordvig

Hello 

I am running a stock Dynamicweb 9.15.5 and I have an issue with "Force Values to Linked Fields" and lists in many languages. 

I have created a bunch of reference fields, of which many are lists, and these reference fields are used in a bunch of different categories. 
I have enriched my lists in the reference fields with data for all 16 different languages I have in this shop. 
Here is one of the fields as an example. 

However when I push "Force Values to Linked Fields" only the languages, which already exists in the different categories becomes enriched with the data from the reference fields. 
Here is an example of a category, where I've clicked save in the SpBinStorage category on SpColour field and LANG17 and the data is transfered as expected. 
Right now the only solution I see is to go to each field in each category on every language and clicking save to create a post in the database. And this is not really feasible. Or creating some sort of script, which creates it for me. 
I believe I read somewhere that "Force Values to Linked Fields" is supposed to create these posts in referenced groups automatically, but this does not work for me. 
I hope someone has a fix for this. 

Thanks 
Tobias 

Replies

Michael Knudsen

Hello Tobias,

- it's a known bug (atleast in DW9.15.8), which is fixed in DW9.15.12 and later versions according to Dynamicweb Care.

Br. Michael Knudsen

Tobias Nordvig

Hello Michael 

I will try to see if an upgrade to 9.15.12 will fix the issue.

Thanks
Tobias 

Tobias Nordvig

I have upgraded to 9.16.1 and I am still experiencing the same behaviour. 

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Tobias,

Make sure that your CategoryGroup, where Fields are linked to, also are translate to your wanted Language ..

/Søren

Tobias Nordvig

Hello Søren 

Are you refering to the EcomProductCategoryTranslation table? If so then it does exists in all languages. 

Tobias 

You must be logged in to post in the forum