Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Pricing in Channel feeds

Pricing in Channel feeds

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have recently received a question from a customer about the prices included in the Channel feed.

How can we control what price we include in the feed, especially in situations where we use Live pricing?

Can we set a customer number per feed in order to get the right pricing?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Adrian,

Currently, this is not possible, because we don't have any way of providing information about which user the price should be fetched for. We will probably look more into this in the 9.9 release, so it's a known feature request, but we don't have a good solution for it right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Steffen 

Adrian Ursu

Hi Steffen,

That's pretty bad news.

In this case, how would the customer use the Channel to push products to Amazon, Ebay or any other marketplace?

Is there a workaround for this?

Thank you,

Adrian

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late response.

My guess would be, that in most cases you would use shop specific prices instead. If you then make a Channel for each marketplace and set up a specific price for the products for each for the Channels, you should be able to get the correct prices in the feed.

But this still doesn't solve the issue with Live Prices.

Best regards,

Steffen

Adrian Ursu

Hi Steffen,

Ideally, for LivePrices, it would be nice to have a way to associate a CustomerNumber with a Feed and connect the dots with the integration. This way the Marketplace can be defined as a customer in the ERP (which it actually is) and the feed with the products will always display the right prices.

I can understand that the performance might be affected but I can also imagine that the Feeds will be published to the channel in a paged way in order to avoid timeouts or other connectivity issues.

What do you think?

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum