Developer forum

Forum » PIM » PIM not loading on 9.6.3

PIM not loading on 9.6.3

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I just upgraded a site from 9.6.1 to 9.6.3 and now the PIM menu doesn't load. When I click PIM in the main menu, I do see the dashboard but the navigation tree is empty except for an ellipses button (see dump). When I downgrade to 9.6.2 it works again and upgrading to 9.6.3 breaks it again. Did something change between these two versions? Could it be a license or permission issue maybe?

Image_087.png

Replies

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

I think I found it. There's a faulty SQL statement in ecom.xml.aspx which causes the upgrade to package 2110 to fail and not create the DynamicStructures table which in turn breaks the PIM:

INSERT INTO DynamicStructures ([DynamicStructureTitle], [DynamicStructureQueryId], [DynamicStructureField1], [DynamicStructureSortDirection1], [DynamicStructureField2], [DynamicStructureSortDirection2], [DynamicStructureField3], [DynamicStructureSortDirection3], [DynamicStructureField4], [DynamicStructureSortDirection4], [DynamicStructureField5], [DynamicStructureSortDirection5] )
SELECT [DynamicStructureTitle], , [DynamicStructureQueryId], [DynamicStructureField1], [DynamicStructureSortDirection1], [DynamicStructureField2], [DynamicStructureSortDirection2], [DynamicStructureField3], [DynamicStructureSortDirection3], [DynamicStructureField4], [DynamicStructureSortDirection4], [DynamicStructureField5], [DynamicStructureSortDirection5] from [EcomProductDynamicStructures]

Note the double comma, that causes the insert to fail.

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Imar,

We have also observed this error, so it has been fixed in the Zip-files, so everything should be okay now. 

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for the inconvenience

Best regards,

Steffen

Jannich Ariyanayagam
Jannich Ariyanayagam

I just upgraded yersterday and my PIM is gone too so i dont think the zip files are updated yet...

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Jannich,

Have you tried running your update scripts again? You should at least run the ecom scripts, so the package 2110 is ran again.

Best regards,

Steffen

Jannich Ariyanayagam
Jannich Ariyanayagam

Works thanks alot :)

You must be logged in to post in the forum