Developer forum

Forum » PIM » PIM feed for price list

PIM feed for price list

Michael Knudsen

Hello forum,

- I'm looking for some input regarding solving a real world issue that cutomers faces - building a feed with prices from price-matrix for a date in the future. Currently I'm able to build the feed with prices from the price-matrix, but only for todays date.

Would it be possible to build the PIM feed based on above requirements?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Michael

See this thread - it can show you future prices. If you are using live integration, I am not sure the codeunit will take the future date into consideration.

https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/feature-requests/feature-requests/testing-future-dated-pricing

I am not sure you can add the ordertime parameter to pim feeds - but it is worth a try.

Michael Knudsen

Hello Nicolai,

- the solution aren't running with live integration, but I have tried your suggestion anyway. Unfortunately doesn't make any difference, if I add ?OrderTime=2022-11-01 or not :-|

Currently the feed is using the 'XML feed provider', but if I change it to 'Template feed provider' and build my own template, I assume it would be possible to get prices from the price-matrix on a 'future' date.  Do you have any hints/code where I should begin?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Michael Knudsen

Hello Nicolai,

- I know you are a busy guy, but do you have any other suggestion, how this could be solved?

Currently the feed is using the 'XML feed provider', but if I change it to 'Template feed provider' and build my own template, I assume it would be possible to get prices from the price-matrix on a 'future' date.  Do you have any hints/code where I should begin?

Br. Michael Knudsens

Michael Knudsen

Hello Nicolai,

- I know you are a busy guy, but do you have any other suggestion, how this could be solved?

Br. Michael Knudsens

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Michael

I talked to Søren about it and I actually already made a change to the underlying logic so the ordertime can be send in to get the prices for the specified date. Then the Feed providers can get an additional setting for the orderdate - so you can use that for the feed directly - without codeing things your self. But we need a bit of time to get it through.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Michael Knudsen

Sounds awesome Nicolai, we can of course wait a bit of time.

PS. Is one bit = 1 day or are we talking bytes = 8 days or even kilo bytes? :-P

Br. Michael Knudsen

Michael Knudsen

FYI: Tested in DW9.14.5 and it works as expected.

Br. Michael Knudsen

You must be logged in to post in the forum