Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Language for PIM enrichment

Language for PIM enrichment

Mads Knudsen

Hi, 

We are running af DW 9.10.8 version. 

The solution is set up with an Dynamicweb PIM for 5 langugage - the master language in PIM is set to Danish and by then data will be inherited to the other languages. 

However, the client want to grant PIM-access for external suppliers so they can help with the product enrichment. But some suppliers might not speak/read danish which now gives us an conflict due the the rules of products beeing enriched on master langugage (danish) and inherited to the other languages. 

- The data fileds in the drop-down above comes from ProductCategory fields. Therefore, we can not solve this by changing the backend langugage per user. 

Is the any way we can control on user or warehouse level which master langugage that should be set for PIM enrichment? or any other suggestions? 

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

No, that is not possible... What do you envision should happen if 2 suppliers enrich the same product in a field in 2 different languages and both are master language? What will then happen to the 3rd and 4th language?

My best bet is to change default language to something all of them understands - i.e. English.

Mads Knudsen

I know.... is there any possiblity for creating a backend view where the System_value is added to drop-down? 

You must be logged in to post in the forum