Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Identical group structure in Shop and Warehouse

Identical group structure in Shop and Warehouse

Jonas Krarup Dam

I'm working with a customer where I believe the best solution is to simply have the same group structure in the warehouse as in the shop.

Is it possible to use the same group structure both places, without having to manually keep them synchronized?

/Jonas

Replies

Viktor Letavin Dynamicweb Employee
Viktor Letavin

Hi Jonas!

For all existing groups I can suggest to run some sql so every needed group will have shopgroup relation for both needed shop and warehouse, for future created groups I can suggest to wrote notification subscriber which will do the same thing, so you will have single group placed in both shop and warehouse without manually syncronizing them.

BR, Viktor.

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Be aware of .. with equal structures in Ecommerce/Shop & PIM/Warehouse, we have seen problems on generating URL's, used in frontend enviroment.
For ignoring that, there can be created a extra "TOP level" in your PIM structure, and then place the Equal structure below

Br. Søren

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Soren, Viktor and Jonas,

We've ran into this situation as well in the USA as we are adopting a new strategy that seems to work well - Through integration, assign the groups to be related to both shops (EcomShopGroupRelation).

That allows for:

• Having the same structure in PIM and Ecommerce
  • Changes editing the Group in PIM, reflect in Ecom as well

Downside is that Dynamicweb does not currently support creating a new group that belongs to multiple shops, so it only works from integration. But it's easy enough for us to disable that mapping.

Additionally what would probably prevent this is:

• Show Ecommerce Shops within PIM (just like we show other Channels - and what is a Shop if not a "glorified channel" from PIM's point of view?)

And Jonas, what you can also do is have a single shared Query to show all products (instead of showing groups in PIM) and/or use Structured Queries to organize the products in PIM.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi Nuno,

Yeah, I considered that, but unfortunately, this solution doesn't have an integration.

Our current solution is to just use Queries for all product-editing needs, but it's not ideal :-) 

/Jonas

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Jonas,

> use Queries for all product-editing needs, but it's not ideal :-) 

Yep. We have the same experience in the USA. We believe this would help  https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum?ThreadID=65462 

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Have you tried using "Location" on the group? That might be the equivalent of what Nuno suggested with Integration.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum