Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Howto setup CalculationProvider field

Howto setup CalculationProvider field

Rutger Koebrugge
Rutger Koebrugge

For a customer I want to calculate the volume (in m³) of a package. I have three product fields (field type: decimal number) containing the depth, width and height. The fourth field (fifth field in the printscreen) is the calculation with a CalculationProvider named 'VerpakkingVolumeCalculation'.

In this unit I have setup a calculation to calculate the volume of the package:

In the PIM module when I open a product, it gives me an error:

It looks like the variables (ie 'BreedteVerpakking') are not filled in into the calculation. In the Product fields section I tripple checked the System name and also the Template tag and these are exactly the same. The documentation is fairly limited on how to setup this kind of calculation, to therefore my thinking was to make a topic for it.

What are we doing wrong? What should be change to make this working? We are running version 9.9.2 on the environment where the screenshots are made.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi Rutger,

I've checked the issue on environment has product fields with the same type and names on last DW9.9.7 & DW9.10.0 and was not able to reproduce it. I have the expected results when use values in the fields of PIM/Ecom product like yours. Please, see attachment as proof. Your admin version is too old, some bugs were fixed and new features were added on newer versions. So, try to use dot instead comma first of all to ensure you follow to system settings of your environment or upgrade your admin version otherwise.

BR, Oleg QA 

2021-02-12_14-44-26.png 2021-02-12_14-44-54.png 2021-02-12_14-45-37.png 2021-02-12_14-46-06.png 2021-02-12_15-12-42.png

You must be logged in to post in the forum