Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Feature request - Virtual product grouping in PIM

Feature request - Virtual product grouping in PIM

Lars Bruun
Lars Bruun

Today we setup the structure & Hierachy of products in PIM in order to maximize the use of inheritence of fields values and in accordance of the way the end-user wants to work with their products in PIM.

However most user have needs that often go beyound the above set-up.

Example: Setting up the products using the above approach often leaves behind field values that go across multiple product groups - but not all.
One solution we have forun helpfull in this, is to always define a top product group in PIM under which we define everything.
This gives us the option to define a product category at this level that will work across all products in that PIM warehouse.

But this does not quite provide the level of easy doing when i comes to working with these high level properties and we may also have features om products where it may not be right to do as above described.

Example:.

I have 35.000 products in my PIM warehouse and i now wants to work with those products from a Brand perspective.
Now several brands i have in my portofolio is split across several product groups and therefore i cannot use product grpouping and categories for this unless i have lots and lots of the same brand groups all over in my PIM Warehouse.

I would therefor suggest, that we have the option to define a virtual product in my PIM Warehuse by the following approach:
1. Create Virtual Product group in PIM naming i "Brands"
2. Select the field(s) i want to group by. In this case ProductBrand which is defined as a selectable and ProductSubBrand which is another selectable on the product.
3. When saved, the PIM system creates all groups and subgroups to my virtual Product Group "Brands" according to the respective vaues found in ProductPrand and ProductSubBrand

This Virtual group should of course be kept from there on until deleted by the user

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Lars,

I read this thread, and had an Idea, what if in Dynamicweb you could right-click a query and create a group with the products that match that query at that point in time, wouldn't that work too? You could then move the group to it's proper location.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Nuno,

This sounds like a billiant idea to me.

BR Helene

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

In next release of Dynamicweb (release 9.6), there are implemented functionality to show Products in a "Dynamic structure", based on defined Queries and strucured on selected Product attributes..

I think that will cover your request

Best regard

Søren Jensen
Product Manager, PIM solution

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum