Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Feature request - allow import and export of multiple products

Feature request - allow import and export of multiple products

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Hi there,

I like how the import / export functionality in the PIM works with real Excel files, with locked cells and such. What I don't get is why that works for a single product only. What's the use case for that? Exporting a single product, editing it in Excel and then importing it back into Dynamicweb seems like a lot more work that simply updating the product in the PIM directly.

Instead I would love to see import / export for a selection of products. Consider a 10% price increase for all products in a group. Currently that requires a lot of manual work. Here's a use case I would love to see to make that much simpler:

1. Use the PIM repository and query to quickly find all products that need the update.

2. Hit Export on the ribbon which gives me an Excel file with rows for the selected products and columns for the selected fields. The appropriate things, such as the product ID, are read-only to prevent accidental editing

3. I use Excel and all of its features like I normally do. I.e. I could use a formula to quickly update all product prices by 10%.

4. I import the Excel document again, and presto, all my product prices are changed.

Am I crazy for wanting this? Or do others want it too?

Imar

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

+1

Peter Gustafsson

+1

Lars Bruun
Lars Bruun

+1

Rune Skovbo

+1

Rune Skovbo

And in addition to that - is there a technical reason as to why we can not also export directly from eCom?

Then the client could make his own queries/views of "products with missing description" and export those. He could also export a given category.

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

+1

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Just discovered this in 9.5. Thanks guys!

You must be logged in to post in the forum