Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Encoding issue in PIM folder name

Encoding issue in PIM folder name

Gunnar Örn Baldursson

Hi, one of our clients (S4S) has become unable to create new shared queries in PIM folders with Icelandic characters.  It looks like they've been able to create queries in Icelandic folders in the past, but now when I try to create a new query, I get a server exception with a malformed directory name. I'm still able to create folders with Icelandic characters and I'm also able to copy queries from other folders into Icelandic folders. Is this a bug or some setting or something I can fix on my end?

App version: 9.12.10 (Recenly updated)

Directory names I tested: Skór, Ellíngsen, Vörumerki

Trace:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Workspace\S4S\Files\System\SmartSearches\Ecommerce\Shared\Ell�ngsen\TestQuery.query'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Workspace\S4S\Files\System\SmartSearches\Ecommerce\Shared\Ell�ngsen\TestQuery.query'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Workspace\S4S\Files\System\SmartSearches\Ecommerce\Shared\Ell�ngsen\TestQuery.query'.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +281
   System.IO.FileInfo.Delete() +14201058
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.QueryService.SaveQuery(String fileName, IQuery query) +323
   Dynamicweb.Management.Ecommerce.Dialogs.ProductInformationController.SaveQuery(ProductInformationModel model) +1454
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +139
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +229
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +35
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) +39
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +77
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethod(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3d() +72
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass46.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() +396
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeActionMethodWithFilters(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +42
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass2b.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1c() +38
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +32
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +46
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +431
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +75
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +158

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the exception on last DW9.13.1 as well. I've created new task 6814 to fix the bug. Thanks for finding.

BR, Oleg QA

Votes for this answer: 1

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Gunnar

The problem #6814 was fixed in hotfix version 9.13.2

You can get this from the download section https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/dynamicweb-9

Please contact support if you need help upgrading

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

You must be logged in to post in the forum