Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Configure automatic display of ProductCategory fields when opening product in context

Configure automatic display of ProductCategory fields when opening product in context

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a situation where I have to work with a lot of product categories and product category fields.

I have defined a separate Warehouse holding a structure of categories and each category has its own designated list of fields.

The trouble now is displaying the fields when opening the product for documentation.

Right now, I have to either choose a Field display Group or open the selection interface where I can select the individual fields that I want to be displayed. This is a bit troublesome because the number of fields is causing the browser to become unresponsive until the entire list of fields is loaded (DW maybe you can do something about it in future versions).

Instead of using this dialog to select the fields, I am wondering if I can somehow configure the group to always display automatically the product category fields attached to that group.

Is this possible with the options defined in PIM?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Adrian,

I would suggest using queries, where you can select specific fields to be displayed in the result as a standard.

These queries I would put on the PIM-dashboard for cutomer friendly access.

Don't know if this could be a way to go for you?

BR Helene

Adrian Ursu

Hi Helene,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Under normal circumstances, this would work. But in this case, we are talking about thousands of Product Categories. Which will require a lot of manual configuration.

And under normal circumstances, I could have just created a set of Field Display Groups or let them manually select the fields from the dialog.

Any other idea?

Thank you,
Adrian

Helene Kjærbøl

Maybe a feature request...? smiley

BR Helene

Adrian Ursu

Very clever idea!

Thank you.

I will post a feature request.

Thank you,
Adrian

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Adrian,

As a workaround, I've noticed that Firefox is handling itself better than Chrome in some situations of the backend related to some lists of fields. In my case is working with queries, but despite the control being different in the PIM, give that a go and see how it performs.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Adrian Ursu

Hi Nuno,

Thank you very much.

We have encouraged the client to use Firefox anyway but the blocking of the interface still occurs. It is for a shorter time, but it is still unproductive if you have to document thousands of products.

Thank you,
Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum