Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Automatic publishing to Ecom Groups from PIM Warehouse

Automatic publishing to Ecom Groups from PIM Warehouse

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I am working on my first PIM project and I am trying to get familiar with what I can do with it.

I have a situation where I need to create automated publishing of products from PIM to Ecom Groups.

I am basically synchronizing some categories from NAV as groups in PIM and I have manually created the same categories as Ecom Groups.

My customer wants to publish the products automatically from PIM Groups to EcomGroups upon Importing them from NAV.

Is there any way I can automate this using standard PIM functionalities? 

My first guess would be Channels but I am not sure if it's the right approach.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Anybody?

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Adrian,

I think we need a little more information about the setup to be able to guide you.

1) Is PIM and Ecommerce located on the same site?

2) Does the products just need to be published from a group in PIM to the corresponding group in Ecommerce, or should something fancy happen?

If you can answer yes to both of the questions above, it should be a fairly simple task, since the publishing of product from PIM to Ecommerce is just a normal Group-Product-Relation. We don't have any standard functionality in PIM, which is able to handle this case. So you should either implement a ScheduledTaskAddIn, which is able to sync Group-Product-Relations between PIM and Ecommerce, or create a DataIntegration which can create the Group-Product-Relations.

If PIM and Ecommerce is not located on the same server, you have a much more difficult task, because you need to not only handle the Group-Product-Relations, but also syncronize the product + it's relations (related products, prices, product categories etc). 

I hope it gives you some pointers on what to do.

Best regards,

Steffen

You must be logged in to post in the forum