Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Auto Publication to Ecom Groups from PIM

Auto Publication to Ecom Groups from PIM

Yoon Peti Nwe Dynamicweb Employee
Yoon Peti Nwe

Dear Sir,

I would like to publish my products under Shared Query to respective group. But it seems when I create shared query under PIM there don't have a place to put the parameter. But when arriving to the Auto Assigned state, the Parameter setup was a mandatory so that even though I setup a rule in the scheduled task due to the parameter the product was not actually published to the respective EcomGroup. Could u please suggest me as soon as possible how can I acheive this without setting up the parameter?

Shared Query

Group Field 

Auto Assigned Product Setting

Scheduled Tasks

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Yoon

Replies

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Yoon,

The Query to be used on AutoAssignProducts, must be made in Settings, on your Repository. (You can not use the Shared Query)

Example:

BR

Søren

Votes for this answer: 1

Yoon Peti Nwe Dynamicweb Employee
Yoon Peti Nwe

Dear Sir,

Thanks and noted on the solution. But may I know, if we can only use the query under repository then why would the system allow to select the Shared Query in the Auto-Assign rules?

I just wondering about that. 

By the way, thank you very much for your quick reply.

Thanks,

Yoon

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Soren,

I have managed to configure the functionality successfully to assign product to groups based on the Products Query.

I have noticed something and I am not sure if it's a configuration that I am missing, or not.

I have made some changes to the Products Query after I have initially set it up. Like adding a new constraint for the ManufacturerID.

This meant that the list of products was supposed to be smaller.

The Group allocation, however, was not updated. I have run the Auto-assign job, and the index.

In order to test that my list was indeed filtered, I have created another Group, with the same settings and run the jobs again. This time, the new group was populated with the smaller list of products.

Is there a setting that I am missing that would allow the full update of the Group assignment? The expected behavior is the same as it works for assortments where the list is always fully updated.

Thank you,

Adrian

Søren Jensen

Hi Adrian,

Use of AutoAssignProductsToGroup, based on Queries, must be defined as "Repositories Query" and not PIM Product queries. (It is a mistake, you can chose PIM product queries, we will change that)

You can only use Parameter-definition  on "Repositories Query", and you need that for making a functional AutoAssign..

Your test with new Query Parameter, and it first has effect on a new Group setup, is because we deed not support "AutoUnassignProductsFromGroup" in DW9.9 ..

In the new DW9.10, "AutoUnassignProductsFromGroup" are supported .. that means Products are Unassign if they do not meet the criteria  

So with DW9.10, I'm sure that you can get your Setup to work, with the rules you want.

I hope that answer you questions

BR

Søren

Adrian Ursu

Hi Soren,

I have already defined it as a Repository query. I have read your post above and it was clear why it had to be a Repository Query.

If I understand correctly, my newly defined Scheduled task (in DW 9.9.x) will only ASSIGN products to Group without removing them if they are not returned by the Repository Query anymore but the same Scheduled task in 9.10.x will also REMOVE them from the group if they are not returned by the RepositoryQuery anymore. Is this right or will I have to create a separate Scheduled task to remove them?

Thank you,
Adrian

Søren Jensen

Hi Adrian,

Yes, that's correct ..

In DW9.10, it is the same Setup & Schedule task there both "Assign-" and "Unassign-" products, within the "Channels" where on the rules are defined and running from ..

BR

Søren

Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Soren,

This is very good news.

Thank you,

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum