Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Assets with image pattern

Assets with image pattern

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Forum,

Has anyone tested the new functionality with image patterns on assets? Or does anyone know where to find a guide? I have tried with the below on the new Swift demo but it doesn't seem to work....

Replies

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Helene,

There are following wrong with you setup..

• The "Pattern string" can not contain Path information. PATH information are specified in the Schedule-task, there use these Pattern informations
  • "Extension" can not be set in Pattern-string, it is controlled with settings in "File Extensions" 
  • "Primary image rule" are set, with PreFix (means first letter in file name). But no PreFix-value are specified, so will not work.

Look at this example, it is working (Primary image will be eg. "10096-0.jpg")

/Søren

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Søren,

Ok thank you for the info.

Regarding the 'PATH information are specified in the Schedule-task' - where is that set?

And ok, so your setting will take alle the checked file-extensions (10096-0.jpg, 10096-0.jpeg,10096-0.png and10096-0.tiff)?

Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Helene,

"Scheduled task" are placed in Settings, and you have to define a task for "Digital assets checkin on Products" .. see below example

Votes for this answer: 1

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi again,

Wasn't it the intention that the image from the image pattern on the asset category should fall into the asset category? It looks like it is put into the image pattern bulk of images instead?

Søren Jensen

Hi,

Do you still have ImagePattern defined on Warehouse, and it is pointing to the same Folder area ?

Try to move your "Digital assets" away from area "/Files/Images/Products/" ..  (Folder: DetailsAssetTest)

/Søren

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi Soren,

I'm tryinh the same as Helene. I'm pretty sure I have all the configuration right, like mentioned above, have no image pattern on the warehouse.

The scheduled task runs without error of 0.5 seconds but no images are added to the products.

Is there any way I can get some more debug information on what the task is doing? That would help a lot to investigate the cause of my problem...

Justin

Søren Jensen

Hi,

Try to use below setup on your solutions ..

Assets category: (Color explain: BLUE = File extension, RED = Pattern syntax, GREEN = Primary image recognition "end with 0")

Shedule task setup: (Color explain: BLUE = Chose "File" as Mode, RED = Folder where the Image are placed below, GREEN = Selected "Asset categories" to be used)

/Søren

Justin Sjouw

Hi Soren,

Thanks for your quick and elaborate response. Meanwhile I have also found the settings here:https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/pim/enrichment/assets-images in the documentation so that's great.

I still think it would be great if we could have a "extended log" option for a blackbox function like this, as we all now it can take lot's of frustrating hours just to discover one erroneous dot or bracket. If we could see what the pattern match actually looks like when running that could save many frustrating hours.

Right now I have setup the following

This is the folder with images:

The product has the productnumber filled in:

The setting on the asset category are lik this:

The Scheduled task is configured:

When I run the task no errors occur, bu no images are connected to the products:

I have also tried adding the star (*) to various places in the pattern which does not make a difference. Since the pattern is always the same My latest asumption was I probably do'nt need the star in the pattern, but maybe Im wrong there?

Thanks,

Justin

Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin,

As I can see, you want to use Pattern on File name's, but you have selected "Folder mode" on the Schedule task.... That is wrong.

You should change to mode to "File", and the try again ..

/Søren

Votes for this answer: 1

Justin Sjouw

Hey Soren,

I would love a day where I don't make stupid mistakes, somehow today isn't that day ;-)

Thanks! On the up-side I now really fully understand the new way of working with asset checkin!

Justin

Michael Knudsen

@Justin: will your 'Pattern': mtbmus-{productnumber} find the image: mtbmus-001.jpg when the productnumber on the product is 1 ?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Justin Sjouw

Hey Michael,

I was wondering about that as well. The old Image Pattern function on the warehouse did pick them up.

But it turns out this new function does not, all products with an ID shorter than 3 digits do not show the image.

The easiest way to fix this is probably to rename the files, so I have some PowerShelling to do :-)

Justin

Søren Jensen

Hi,

In our "Pattern", variables are used as "String fields" not as "Number fields" .. therefor it will use ProductNumber as it stored in the Database 

But the problem with picking Images, when the Productnumber shorter that 3 digits, it will be reported as a BUG

/Søren

You must be logged in to post in the forum