Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Adding new product category fields

Adding new product category fields

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

When adding a new product category field, I see that it is not available for products already in the PIM, but it will be for ones that are added afterwards. Is there any way of triggering the creation of the new product category field for all products in that category, without having to re-create all products again?

As it stands, it will not be visible for older products, and thus not editable

Replies

Michael Knudsen

Hello Stephen,

- what version of DW are you running?  Sounds strange if the new category fields are available to new products, and not to existing products in the same product category.  I've seen it on solutions where you have removed the 'bike' shop and fields, but then the new category fields aren't available on new products nor exsisting products.

Br. Michael Knudsen

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

Hi Michael. They became available when I did an updating 

reimport. So something is amiss but i want to redo it all again 

to make sure I'm not talking rubbish here

its the latest ver 9 from may

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

Hi Michael. I tried again with a new product category, and I cannot get it to show in the visible fields list in the PIM editor for existing or new products.

Is this a service caching issue, maybe?

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

I edited the group now, and the new field is even displayed in the "default values" area. Yet creating a new product yields no use of the field. Not even if I enter default values for it in the group config

Update: I've confirmed this several times now, so I am pretty sure. Ive cleared the cache. Nothing helps. I dont want to run the re-import script every time I add a new product category field

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Stephen,

Please send it to our Customer care (support), so they can look into it and help you to solve the problem.

/Søren

Michael Knudsen

Hello Stephen,

- will you share the solution, once you have the problem solved by Dynamicweb Care (support)?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Stephen Anthony Jackson
Stephen Anthony Jackson

Hi Michael. Im still having issues reproducing it consistently so 

im gonna test a bit more before I file a report. The latest is that a 

recycle of app pool makes it visible in the visible fields, so I'm sure

this is a caching issue. I refreshed every cache in the developer area

in the admin pages but that didn't help, only recycle or delete and reimport of products

in that category helps //Steve

You must be logged in to post in the forum