Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Add image on variant groups

Add image on variant groups

Martin Grønbekk Moen
Martin Grønbekk Moen

Let's say you have a fashion webshop, which sell products with variants. There are two variant groups (color and size).

Now let's say you want to upload an image of one of the products. The image is of a specific color of the product, and you only want to upload it once.
I have tried to upload an image for only the variant group, but this is not an option unless you use bulk edit, but I'll come back to that.
In the attached photo you can see exactly what I mean. I do not want to add the same image on 10-15 different sizes, the image is the same on all of them.

Now, back to the bulk edit. I can actually see that it is possible to do exactly what I want using bulk edit. But unfortunatly it does not work as expected.
When I try to use bulk edit, the "no image" image is being added as default image, and it is not possible to set default image in the bulk edit (see attached image).

2019-03-30_1631.png 2019-03-30_1639.png 2019-03-30_1640.png

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Martin,

Have you tried using the setting in the Fields section of ecommerce? You can uncheck the "Across all variants" option for image fields, which would normally mean the variants will inherit the images from the Parent product. I am not 100% sure if it will work the same way in PIM, but maybe it worths a shot.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum