Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 10 » Update to 10.1 with IIS hosting

Update to 10.1 with IIS hosting

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I used zipped releases up until now to achieve a multi-tenant iis hosting setup. Since I'm a bit inpatient updating to 10.1 which is not on the zipped list yet:-) and want to automate deployment of the dw10 application folder, I have setup a new dw10-suite project, and thought I could use that to simply do a release build and deploy everything in the bin folder from that build to my DW10 bin folder on this level:

I did also install the new 8.0 hosting bundle. but now I get:

I do see that in web.config I'm reffering to a dll that does not exist in the bin folder from my build:

bin folder from my dw10 build:

Do I need do configure something additional to add this to the build?

Replies

Jeppe Eriksson Agger Dynamicweb Employee
Jeppe Eriksson Agger

Hi Justin,

When you make a custom DW10 project from NuGet, the dll you need to reference in you web.config depends on the name of the project you created. If called the project JustinsCustomDw10, then the dll would be called JustinsCustomDw10.dll.

From your screenshot, I would assume that you need to update the web.config to refence the Dynamicweb.Suite.dll. It's not part of any standard distribution of DW10. The other dll, Dynamicweb.Host.Core.dll, is a part of the standard distribution and is not the one you want.

- Jeppe

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Jeppe,

Awesome, thanks for the lightning response. 

So I'm actually just referrering to the main dll with the same name as my project.

I did not realize that, but ofcourse it makes sense that my dw10.dll will then be used, and execute my Program.cs (just saying it out loud, for any othe newbies out there :-))

In my case it is simply called dw10 and pointing the web.config to dw10.dll fixed it.

Thanks a bunch!

Justin

You must be logged in to post in the forum