Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 10 » Installing NuGet packages via CLI

Installing NuGet packages via CLI

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I'm working on automatically installing a list of Addins to my solution on deployment. For this I'm using the CLI, and I'm installing .nupkg files.

When I do this the Addin gets installed correctly. I do see it twice in the All Apps screen though. 

I guess the list is still showing the provider from the public NuGet list, and is also showing as installed from the local folder, which is probably not a problem, just want to check if this is ok...

I cannot install via the CLI by providing the NuGet link, I have to locally upload the nupkg file right?

Replies

Frederik Nielsen Dynamicweb Employee
Frederik Nielsen

Hi,

This list screen will show all the apps on NuGet and all the .dll or .nupkg files in the Local folder, when you have local files with the same name, or a pure copy as the ones existing on NuGet they will appear more or less the same - however you can see the difference in how the categories are displayed. Additionally you could change the version of your local file to differentiate that from the one in NuGet, as I'm guessing the reason you have a local version of it is because you have some changes.

You are correct as well, the CLI does not have functionality to install provided a link - if you know the exact details of the addin you're trying to install from NuGet it's possible to do that through the management API or use dw command with the command AddinInstallCommand with an input such as

{"Ids":["Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.Providers.DynamicwebProvider|||10.0.14|Dynamicweb.Marketplace.Providers.NuGetAddinProvider"]}

I hope that makes sense!

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Frederik,

Right, got it, thanks!

I'll actually need to switch to installing with AddinInstallCommand then I think, since I just want to install specific versions of Public AddIns.

Cheers,

Justin

You must be logged in to post in the forum