Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 10 » Dynamicworkspace shows language version count

Dynamicworkspace shows language version count

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hi,

I created a Dynamic Workspace based on a Data Model. The query for the Dynamic Workspace selects all products, no expressions in the query.

The Dynamic Workspace has 1 level, the Brand field from the Data Model.

The Workspace looks ok, but is shows the count of all language versions of the product it seems, in the example below there is 1 products, in 3 languages, the Dynamic Workspace shows (3), is that by design?

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Justin

Kind of - but also a subject that is still changed and discussed.

Your query do not take language into consideration - if you add default language, the count will be correct. The list currently search and then only show products of default language - and only products that are not variants.

We are currently exploring a model where all product records can be displayed in the list - basically making it more simple and what you see is what you get. That means that you can list the same product in all languages and variants, and then use filtering to display only one language and only masters - as an example. Also considering adding a list of languages the product it self is translated to so it can be displayed in the list.

Then when you list i.e. products in a group, you could show the product in language A and B and all their variants. Or you can add a filter to only show default language and masters - then we can add settings or default filtering to lists. An alternative approach to change language as you know it from DW9. There are some UX considerations in this regard, but expect it to evolve as we get more experience on this.

Votes for this answer: 1

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Sounds good Nicolai, I added the language parameter for now. I'm loving the new Products section, so much more user friendly than 9 :-)

You must be logged in to post in the forum