Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 10 » DW 10 and Swift 1.26.1 new installation - cannot create new user or any page

DW 10 and Swift 1.26.1 new installation - cannot create new user or any page

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

We just created new installation with DW 10.5.3 and Swift 1.26.3 with Trial licence.

After succesfully starting application we cannot add any user or create any page. We even cannot do anything with licence getting only this error:

Ther is nothing in log about error:

This is licence information:

Ivan

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Ivan

you have some log records - it seems like something cannot be resolved. What is that

Do you have a URL for us to take a look at?

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Hi Nicolai

Unfortunatelly site is accessible only from VPN.

This is log:

Ivan

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Alod there are two more

and 

but I am not sure how they can affect user creation!

Ivan

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

I found this file with error logs.

Ivan

Justin Sjouw Dynamicweb Employee
Justin Sjouw

Hey Ivan,

Are you sure you followed all the steps in here? https://doc.dynamicweb.dev/documentation/fundamentals/setup/hosting/running-in-IIS.html

It looks like something on the generic .NET level is not right. 

Justin

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović

Hi Justin

Yes I did!

We have IIS 10 and I installed  ASP.NET Core Runtime 8.0 Hosting Bundle.

There is nothing else in insturctions. System is working but for some reason it looks like it cannot write to database becues of this error:

[2024-06-19 11:09:00.074] D:\wwwroot\DW10\DW10DignetDemo\bin\Debug\net8.0\runtimes\win\lib\netcoreapp2.1\System.Data.SqlClient.dll Unable to load one or more of the requested types.Could not load type 'SqlGuidCaster' from assembly 'System.Data.SqlClient, Version=4.6.1.6, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' because it contains an object field at offset 0 that is incorrectly aligned or overlapped by a non-object field.

Ivan

Ivan Marijanović
Ivan Marijanović
This post has been marked as an answer

I thnik I found the problem. This enables editing the site:

I remmbered seeing this somewhere but I dont see it in instructions for installation of DW10.

Ivan

Votes for this answer: 1

Marie Louise Veigert

If anyone else is having issues with a fresh DW10 version and Swift  1.26.1 on IIS, Ivans latest comment fixed it for me! 
I couldn't even get to the admin interface :) 

You must be logged in to post in the forum