Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Facets de-selection returning 0 products

Facets de-selection returning 0 products

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hello,

When using filters, when an option has no results, it becomes disabled, but remains selected. This means that it's impossible to remove it, but that it still affects the query and the products being returned and can easily lead the user to make a combination of selections that results in no results returned.

It's probably easier to understand with the screen recording:

https://www.screencast.com/t/QHEe3xs5tvHq

This seems like bad UI to me. A user de-selects a filter - which is supposed to widen the results - and instead suddenly gets a page with no results and no option to undo his last change. They have no option but to open the Product List again and start over... and because they probably don't even understand what happened, they might just go on to do exactly the same mistake again, easily becoming frustrated.

I think once a facet becomes disabled, it shouldn't stay selected and the paramenter should be removed from the query.

Regards

Replies

Olga Shedko Dynamicweb Employee
Olga Shedko

Hello Mafalda,

First of all, you can make it work in the way you need (do not show missing facets as disabled in the list of facets at all) if you just uncheck the setting in a Product catalog App here:

Go to Content > website > Products page > open Product catalog App > uncheck "Show facet options with no results" setting and save (please see attached image as well).

But: anyway I think that when the setting is enabled - you are right that behavior is not correct. So I've created new TFS # 70903 and assigned to our Project Manager for the approval and confirming the right behavior way. Will let you know the result.

Thank you very much for this interesting case.

Best wishes,

Olga | QA

Img.png

Mafalda Correa
Mafalda Correa

Hi Olga,

I could do that, but the problem is still the same, because even though it hides the disabled checkbox, it still leaves it selected. That was originally the setting I had, I changed it to show the behaviour in the screencast.

Regards

You must be logged in to post in the forum