Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Product Preview does not possible after the produkt is published to a shop?

Product Preview does not possible after the produkt is published to a shop?

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

Is it not possible to preview a product product after they are published to a channel/shop?

It works fine until i publish the product to at productgroup. After it´s published, I get an error message saying "no default page is selected", and i can´t find a default page setting on a shop. There is one on productgroups, but that one has no effect on this. 

If not, this would be a very useful feature to add, as this feature is very useful - also after the product is published.

/Hans

Replies

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Hans,

Have you checked the settings on the Warehouse .. 

It should point to the Page layout, you want to use for Previewing the product .. look below

/Søren

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi

Yes, i have indeed.

And that makes sure it works as long as the product is not published to a shop, but after it is published - it will not preview.

Se video here https://www.screencast.com/t/6Cec2vUk0g

/Hans

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi,

But as I can see, your product do not belong a Warehouse group .. only the Shop.

To work with PIM, your products should belong to a Warehouse group, and not only a Shop/Channel group.

/Søren

Hans Ravnsfjall
Hans Ravnsfjall

Hi -

but we don´t need it to be in a warehouse group. We only work from a query and finish enriching products, and then publish them to shop groups. The same button (magnifying) glass, shoud maintain it´s function througout the entire system when the context (or in this case, the UI) is indistingushable from eachother.

Wouldnt placing the products in warehouse groups mean extra work for the PIM editor, and seams a little overkill to be able to preview a product. Wouldn´t it be easier and better for the PIMeditor, if the GUI is consistent?

/Hans

You must be logged in to post in the forum