Developer forum

Forum » Dynamicweb 9.0 Upgrade issues » Custom Order Field of type DateTime is getting flushed by DW ....

Custom Order Field of type DateTime is getting flushed by DW ....

Peter Leleulya

Installation: Professional 2014 version 9.3.2 Staging/Test License

I have several custom order fields of different types.
Most of these fields are filled asynchrone via code, which works fine.

I'm having troubles with my custom order fields of type DateTime.
I don't have these fields in my order form, but they do change and are set to value '1-1-0001 00:00:00' which results in the database as '1970-1-1 00:00:00'.
Other custom fields with a different type are not altered when they are not in my order form post (for example: checkox)

When I add these date fields to my order form and fill them with the dates which are already in the database (trying a workaround here) the result is the same as when I do not have them in my form.
They get changed to '1-1-0001 00:00:00'. sad

When I implement the BeforeCustomFieldValueIsSet and AfterCustomFieldValueIsChanged notification subscribers the value of such an arg is the correct date value in the BeforeCustomFieldValueIsSet describer and the '1-1-0001 00:00:00' in the AfterCustomFieldValueIsChanged subscriber.

• The custom field is of type DateTime
  • The beforeCustomFieldValueIsSetArgs.Value is of type object {System.DateTime} and has the correct date value
  • The afterCustomFieldValueIsChangedArgs.Value is of type object {System.DateTime} and has the {1-1-0001 00:00:00} value

What the **** am I doing wrong here ?!?!
All other CustomOrderField types are behaving normally

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Peter

We did make some changes to this just recently 9.3.6 should be out very soon and maybe it will fix this. I've asked one of the devs to look at this also.

BR Nicolai

Vladimir

Hi Peter,

It is a bug - I registered the task 41359 to  fix it asap(9.3.6 hotfix)
Sorry for the inconvenience

Best regards,
Vladimir

Peter Leleulya

Thanks nicolai and vladimir. That'll probably be available on tuesday I guess?
Please check the Date variant too ....

Vladimir

Argh... the 9.3.6 release was yesterday, it seems I was late.
Yes, date fields also fixed 

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Peter

The problem TFS#41359 "Custom Order Field of type DateTime lost value after order frontend submits" has now been fixed in version 9.3.7 smiley

You are able to find this build in the download section:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Please contact Dynamicweb Support if you need any additional help regarding this.

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Lars Larsen
Lars Larsen

Hi

Seems like this problem has poped up again. I have the exact same problem on v9.9.1. Custom order fields of type Date is set to "1970-1-1 00:00:00". Shouldn't it have been fixed?

You must be logged in to post in the forum