Developer forum

Forum » CMS - Standard features » Select variants and products in Products field type

Select variants and products in Products field type

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running on DW 9.3.3 and there is something weird going on. I have an ItemType based Paragraph with a Product field on it. Usually, the product field allows selection of both Variants and products. In this situation, it allows only Products.

I have another solution running 9.3.3 that allows selection of Variants. I am wondering if there is any kind of setting in the backend that will change the behavior of this field?

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Adrian,

You are probably using simple variants on one solution and extended variants on the other.
You should be able to make it work if you use extended variants.

Best regards,
Morten

Adrian Ursu

Hi Morten,

I was thinking about that myself, but the Variants are extended.

The 2 solutions are using the same import process to import and define the variants and in both solutions, the Variants are extended.

Moreover, I have tried moving the files from Development to Acceptance and keep just the database different and the behavior is consistent. Even with the same files, Acceptance only shows the main products.

I have run the index a couple of times already. I believe the underlying problem might be related to how the variants are identified (simple vs extended) but I see no way of controlling that identification further. The variants have their custom ProductNumbers, Stock, and Prices.

Any idea where I can look further?

Thank you,
Adrian

Morten Bengtson Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Bengtson

Hi Adrian,

I have taken a closer look at it.

It appears that there is a bug related to how languages are used in the editor control used for product item fields. In some places it uses the ecom language selected in website settings (correct) and in other places it uses the language currently selected in ecommerce (incorrect). If you only have one ecom language then you should not experience this issue.

It has been registered as bug # 65714 - and it will be fixed ASAP.

As a workaround you should be able to go to ecommerce and change the currently selected ecommerce language (language selector on edit group/product) so that it matches the language selected in the website settings. Then go back to the website and edit the item again.

Best regards,
Morten

Adrian Ursu

Thank you Morten,

I will try that.

Adrian

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Adrian

The problem regarding #65714 "Unable to select variants in product item field" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.6.10

To upgrade please choose this version from download:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Adrian Ursu

Hi Kristian,

Thank you very much.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum