Integration Framework v2 is a collection of components for transferring data and maintaining data consistency between a Dynamicweb solution and a remote system. This is typically an ERP, but in principle all remote systems can be handled.
Integration Framework v2 contains standard components for:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft AX 2012
For integration to older systems – NAV 2009, NAV 2013, and AX 2009 – as well as more recent NAV versions, please see the documentation for Integration Framework v1.
The framework supports two types of integrations:
- A Batch Integration uses scheduled tasks to import and export data at intervals (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.).
- A Live Integration submits real-time requests for data from Dynamicweb to the remote system, and uses that data to show e.g. customer-specific prices, stock levels, or to create orders directly in the remote system.
In terms of the data flow, both batch and live integrations work in the same general manner (Figure 2.1):
- The Dynamicweb solution makes a request for data in XML format
- The request is relayed to the remote system by the Dynamicweb Connector service
- The plugin/code unit reacts by extracting data from the remote system
- The data is wrapped in an XML format understood by Dynamicweb (or - for passive plugins - returned as is, and transformed using XSLT on the Dynamicweb side)
- The XML is returned via the Dynamicweb Connector service to the Dynamicweb solution as a response
A batch integration uses integration jobs created using the Data Integration Module to submit requests to the remote system.
A live integration is always an extension of a batch integration – the live integration must request information based on up-to-date product IDs, and keeping them up to date is handled by batch integration tasks.