Indexing & Search
Dynamicweb features a generalized search framework usually referred to as Indexing, which can be used to index and query all kinds of data on your solution – products, content, users, files, etc.
Indexing consists of the following elements:
- Repositories are folders containing configuration files - e.g. index files and query files
- Indexes are data structures optimized for data retrieval
- Queries are used to retrieve data from an index based on criteria you define
- Facets are used to create filters in frontend based on a query
- Tasks are used to rebuild indexes on a schedule to ensure that the index is up to date