Developer forum

Forum » Templates » Recently viewed products

Recently viewed products

Cátia Torego

I'm using the eCom:Related.YouHaveSeenTheseProducts loop to display the recently viewed products in the cart page, but the list of products doesn't update when i go to a product detail page. 
The only way it works is when i render the eCom:Related.YouHaveSeenTheseProducts in the product detail page as well. 
Do i need the tag to be there or is there something else i'm missing for this to work?

DW version 9.4.17

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Cátia

Where do you use it where it does not work? On a product list? And what does it show then if you show the list, then go to a product and go back to the list again (and updates?).

Thanks for clarifying.

BR Nicolai

Cátia Torego

Hi Nicolai,

I'm using it in the cart template, to display sugestions if the cart is empty. The list is empty, i go to a product and go back to the cart, and the list is still empty.
If i'm rendering the tag in the product page it works when i go back to the cart.

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Catia

That explains it. It is not a loop that is available in the template used for "Empty carts". Instead, choose the option "Redirect to internal page" when the cart is empty, and create a hidden subpage with the product catalog and add the template to that instead.

BR Nicolai

Votes for this answer: 1

Nicolai Pedersen

And maybe consider changing the navigation so you do not reach the cart page without a cart...

Cátia Torego

Thanks for the help. 

You must be logged in to post in the forum