Developer forum

Forum » Templates » Error when setting up a new website

Error when setting up a new website

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

As part of my training, I'm configuring an empty website in DW. I've followed this guide (at least I think I've done so) https://doc.dynamicweb.com/rapido/introduction/start-up/new-project-on-dw-with-rapido

Now I get this error message: 

Exception in template (Designs/Rapido/_parsed/Page.parsed.cshtml): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.bcafcebdcbcaccc.b__60(TextWriter __razor_helper_writer)
at RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateWriter.WriteTo(TextWriter writer)
at RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateBase.WriteTo(TextWriter writer, TemplateWriter helper)
at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.bcafcebdcbcaccc.<>c__DisplayClass6.b__5(TextWriter __razor_helper_writer)
at RazorEngine.Templating.TemplateBase.WriteTo(TextWriter writer, TemplateWriter helper)
at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.bcafcebdcbcaccc.<>c__DisplayClass2.b__0(TextWriter __razor_helper_writer)
at CompiledRazorTemplates.Dynamic.bcafcebdcbcaccc.b__5d(TextWriter __razor_helper_writer)

[...]

I tried to search in the forum, but apparently I'm the first one to get this error message.

Kind regards,

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

And your solution is a Rapido?

I never have seen this error as well. Do you happen to have a URL for the solution so I can have a look?

If installed locally, try to delete /Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/_parsed/ folder and reset the iis.

BR Nicolai

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

URL: https://egwbp-sivha.azurewebsites.net/chrisco

The URL https://egwbp-sivha.azurewebsites.net/ is fine, this is a paralell site in DW. Perhaps this is the source of the error. The documentation says very little about paralell sites. I've tried different versions of URL settings, but nothing really changes. I don't have access to file level or IIS reset.

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

I made a workaround, since my product page was fine. I deleted the faulty front page and added a new one. now everything is fine, so I guess it was a temporary hick-up

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Siv

Sorry about the error and glad you got it fixed - thanks for sharing the solution! We will check out the template code that caused the error and see if it needs changes to avoid it going forward.

The site looks good by the way!

Being new on the platform and on the Rapido implementation, you are very welcome to note down if you experience things that are hard to grasp or other ideas and post them here.

BR Nicolai

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi,

I get the same error and have tried the above (delete  /Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/_parsed/ folder and reset the iis) but unfortunately without resolving the issue.

BR Helene

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Helene

I think you need to save the website settings for the website giving this error.

Sorry about the inconvenience

BR Nicolai

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Nicolai,

Ok thanks - how/where?

BR Helene

Nicolai Pedersen

Go to a website and click save and close...: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/content/content/websites-language-layers

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Nicolai,

Thanks - but it didn't solve the problem...

BR Helene

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Helene

Try saving the page as well...

Otherwise we need a URL to take a look at the issue. You can submit it to the service desk and they will fix the issue.

Sorry about the inconvenience!

BR Nicolai

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Nicolai,

Ok thanks, but it is a local installation.

I have made an upgrade to the latest rapido 3.1.1 but still same error - no matter what I do.

BR Helene

Nicolai Pedersen

Well, it is hard for us to do anything without access. Can you maybe install the solution on a public server...?

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Nicolai,

If I look at the website settings on the layout tab all the options below aren't visible either (see below) - I was thinking this could give you a clue maybe...?

You must be logged in to post in the forum