Developer forum

Forum » Templates » Cannot install DynamicwebTemplatesDW9VS2019.vsix

Cannot install DynamicwebTemplatesDW9VS2019.vsix

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

Alright so here I am again.

On my way to study for the C3 certification I am setting up my environment for the T3 training module. One of the prerequisites for this module is to "Download and install the Visual Studio template set for Dynamicweb 9".

However when trying to install the DynamicwebTemplatesDW9VS2019.vsix from here https://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/other-downloads#4047, I am getting this very annoying error shown in the attached screenshots.

The path '/Output/ItemTemplates/CSharp/Dynamicweb%209/Ecommerce/Cart/AfterNewsletterSubscriptionValueIsChanged.csharp/AfterNewsletterSubscriptionValueIsChanged.csharp.vstemplate' defined in the C:\Users\RonniePoulsen\Downloads\DW\DynamicwebVSTemplatesDW9\DynamicwebTemplatesDW9VS2019.vsix file is not valid.

When trying to install again, the installer says, that the extension is already installed. But it is nowhere to find inside VS2019. I have then uninstalled the extension using the VSIXinstaller.exe, turned off my antivirus and firewall, and tried installing again but i'm still getting the same error. I can't figure out if the problem is in my local environment or if there is a problem with the VSIX provided by Dynamicweb.

Has anyone experienced this on their machine, or can anyone confirm that the actual VSIX works?

UPDATE: I have succesfully installed this extension on my other machine with almost exact same setup. So we can conclude that this is an issue with my local machine. What can cause this?

/Ronnie

install-failed.png the-path.png

Replies

Ronnie Poulsen
Ronnie Poulsen

UPDATE:

As this issue seems to be more related to VSIX files and the Windows file system in general, I have asked this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59159686/cannot-install-dynamicweb-visual-studio-extension-vsix question on StackOverflow which is updated with all things tried.

All help is still much appreciated.

/Ronnie

You must be logged in to post in the forum