Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Search displays all products

Search displays all products

Ambert van Unen

We've made a new store (copy from original Rapido store), and edited some settings. We just found out that the search is behaving oddly. 

When searching, you always get ALL products as a result, for example:

I have products named as

"Ladies t-shirt black"
"Men t-shirt black"

When I search for Ladies, I also get the products that do not contain "ladies" at all.

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen
This post has been marked as an answer

Take a look at the query used on the product page. See dump 1+2

You might have added some expressions to the query (dump 2) that breaks the free text search.

Provide link to the solution or at least some screendump of your setup if the above does not help.

Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
Votes for this answer: 1

Ambert van Unen

I think you forgot to add the dumps.

Haven't changed anything on the search options as far as we know though.

Nicolai Pedersen

Ooops. Added them to the post!

Ambert van Unen

Ah thanks!

We changed the setting to "Product groups" because we first wanted to only show a specific group. Did not expect it to also effect the search results.
Now I sort of get it though, here you link the "products.query" to the frontend, so the front-end search also looks in the products.query.

Thanks again!

Nicolai Pedersen

Yes!

You can then on the paragraphs see the list of parameters for the query - you have a parameter "Groupid" that you can fill out like this "Group1,Group2,etc" and then that will be used by default if no groupid is present in the URL (the friendly url will translate to groupid if you have /products/groupname will be default.aspx?id=123&groupid=group1)

You must be logged in to post in the forum