Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » Install 2 different versions of Rapido on same solution

Install 2 different versions of Rapido on same solution

Christoffer Rosendahl Frede

Hi

is it possible to install 2 different Rapido versions on the same solution? 

And then have 2 websites on that solution, that uses different Rapido versions ?

Best regards Christoffer 

Replies

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Christoffer,

You will have to do some tweaks in the templates as the path to the folder (Rapido) is hardcoded in the MasterPage and the Less_XX.config files.

Other than that, it is possible. I am not sure if this is officially supported, but I have managed to configure 3 different design folders in the same solution.

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

thanks Adrian.

i have changed some of Rapido file references in the master template and it seems to be working.

regarding the Less_XX.config files, im not sure what files you mean. is it all the less files in the Rapido/css folder i have to look for /Rapido references ?

also if i change some of the less files in the Rapdido/css folder, i would have to compile all the less files to get the css updated ?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Christoffer,

The Less config files have some paths defined:

<LessConfiguration>
  <DesignName>Rapido</DesignName>
  <Minification>true</Minification>
  <WebsiteSettingsVariablesFileOutputPath>Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/css/rapido/abstracts</WebsiteSettingsVariablesFileOutputPath>
  <LessFilesFolder>/Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/css/rapido/</LessFilesFolder>
  <VariableFiles>/Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/css/rapido/_variables_1.auto.less,/Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/css/base/abstracts/_variables.less</VariableFiles>
  <OutputPath>/Files/Templates/Designs/Rapido/css/rapido/</OutputPath>
  <UseCleanVariableNaming>true</UseCleanVariableNaming>
</LessConfiguration>

You have to edit the ones corresponding to each Area, to point to your folders.

I am not sure if all of those parameters are still used, but you should change all of them just in case.

You can change /Design/Rapido/ to /Design/{your design-folder-name}/

This way the compiled files will be saved in the right location.

Adrian

ahh yes i see the Less_XX.config files now.

however they are placed outside the designfolders, are they referenced from the Rapido somewhere?

i assume if i change the Less_XX.config files that it will be changed for both Rapido folders ?

Adrian Ursu

Hi Christoffer,

At some point in the life of Rapido, they were used. At least when I made the changes for my project.

I believe it is safe to assume they are still used.

XX is the ID of the Area. You have to use the proper path ti your design for each area.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum