Developer forum

Forum » Rapido » FR: currency + delivery country, not currency + language

FR: currency + delivery country, not currency + language

Siv-Renate Hansen
Siv-Renate Hansen

I have a feature request that I hope you would seriously concider:

A shop owner has an international market with many different currencies. Some of the delivery countries share currency.

For example:

Delivery country Norway->currency NOK (language Norwegian)

Delivery country Germany-> currency Euro (language German)

Delivery country DK->currency DKR (language English )

Delivery country Sweden ->currency SEK (Language English)

Delivery country Iceland ->currency Euro (Language English)

Delivery country Great Britain ->currency Pound (Language English)

Delivery country Russia ->Currency USD (language English)

As you can see, English language have (at least) 5 different currencies, which in current implementation of currency would require 5 different language layers which all would have to be maintainaned. The content of these 5 language layers would overlap 100%.

Our feature request is to implement a version of your currency functionality to meet these requirements. We will be more than happy to contribute to such, and if any questions, we are ready to answere.

I assume our client is not the only ecom client using DW that deliver products to several countries with partial overlapping currencies.

Replies

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Siv,

Wouldn't a currency selector solve for this? The settings on the website are merely the default, and you can change any currency throught the query string by doing, for example:

• www.yoursite.com?CurrencyCode=USD

This will set your currency to US Dollars, regardless of the default. This assumes you have that currency set in DW.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Siv-Renate Hansen
Siv-Renate Hansen

We don't want the users to be able to choose currency. The currency is determined by delivery country.

There is not a exchange rate relationship for a price (as in a product which costs 100 NOK in Norway may cost less inn Thailand)

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Siv,

The best I can find right now is this https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/ecommerce-standard-features/ecommerce-standard-features/set-currency It's mentioned how you can set currencies and delivery countries, independently from the language, but it was not mentioned how it's solved. 

As for not having an exchange rate relationship, maybe I am misunderstanding, but if you don't set the relationship in DW, I don't see how it will ever know how to convert 100 NOK into INN. You can have all of the prices associated with products, but you still have to have all currencies configured in DW (even if the rate is wrong and the prices are set per currency on each product).

Sorry I can't help you more than this. Maybe someone else on the Forum can.

Nuno

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

In the end, a currency switcher is what you need, no? But you can dress it up as a delivery country selector that sets the currency under the hood.

Imar

Siv-Renate Hansen
Siv-Renate Hansen

We have one implementet at the current customer's site, but along with this, there are a lot of errors regarding orders and currency/delivery country/prices.

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Siv,

If the errors you are experiencing are similar to what we've seen in the past, it's related to changing the currency after there are products in the cart AND/OR adding a product to the cart in a currency, when there's already others with different currencies. There are multiple threads related to that. Check them here https://doc.dynamicweb.com/search?q=Attempt+to+aritmatic+with+two+prices+of+different+currency

In one of those threads it's mentioned that upgrading to the latest 9.7 would fix some of the issues. I did not read all of them in detail to determine if the missing scenario would be related to anything you have as well, so I'd say give it a try and see if it works.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Martin Vang
Martin Vang

Hi Nuno and Siv-Renate,

I would like to mention, that we tried to address multiple errors related to switching currency, language or country on the cart for 9.8, so once that branch is stable it might be relevant to upgrade to 9.8.x and see if the experienced problems persists.

BR

Martin

Nuno Aguiar

Hi Martin,

That is excellent news. Thanks for letting us know.

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Kim Søjborg Pedersen

Hi Martin

Thanks for the info, I'm also looking forward to see if it has solved some of the challenges I have had

/Kim

Nicolai Pedersen

I Think for Siv refers to is how the language/currency selector works in Rapido (and how a currency can be enforced given the delivery country)

The rest of you is refering to the aritmatic related issue that we have seen in some scenarios.

You must be logged in to post in the forum