Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Simple import in PIM

Simple import in PIM

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Hi,

I am trying to get a very simple product import from Excel to work. 

I have an Excel file with three columns. ProductLanguageID, ProductID and ProductName.

I click on the "Import products" in a product group in PIM.

I choose the Excel file and select "Excel" as "Source file type".

When clicking next I et the screen in the attached file "ExcelImport.png". It tells me to select source in the "Table / Sheet" field. But it's empty. 

What am I doing wrong?

Regards / Aki

ExcelImport.png

Replies

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Aki,

I have just tried to import your attached Excel file "ImportTest.xlsx", on my DW9.8 solution.

It works fine for Me.

If you still have problems, please contact support

Best regards

Søren

Import_sd.png
Votes for this answer: 1

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

I saw now that the OLEDB drivers are not installed on the server. Got that server error when I tried to create a regular Data Integration from Excel. 

I thought that it was because first I tried to export from PIM and the import the same file and the worked just fine.

Appearently that feature does not use the OLEDB to access the Excelfile. 

/Aki

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

I can confirm that the problem was with the OLDDB drivers. yes

It was a very silent error though. Maybe some kind of error message would be good. 

/Aki

Siv Hansen
Siv Hansen

Aki Ruuskanan - you just installed some OLEDB DRivers and then you were okay? MSSSQL says I have the latest version (of dec 2020) installed, but still nothing :(

Aki Ruuskanen
Aki Ruuskanen

Siv, can you do an import with Data Integration?

/Aki

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi guys,

The OLEDB driver mentioned in the error relates to some office plugin and has nothing to do with SQL Server.

@Siv: you can try the CSV import. That one is not dependant on the Excel add on.

Excel has 2 types of files: xls and xlsx. Each of them is dependant on an office add-on. Usually the xls file is supported better than xlsx but I believe you cannot use multiple worksheets (I might be wrong about this).

This means that if your file is xlsx, you can try saving it as xls and try again configuring the DataIntegration job.

I hope this helps.

Adrian

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum