Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Set default from image pattern

Set default from image pattern

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi,

We have a customer that has +40 image patterns configured. This is fine as they have naming conventions for every view angles and labels and whatnot for all of their needs.

PIM then loads the existing images and that's perfect for them. What they'd like to improve on (and honestly would be my expectation as the backend user) is that I could manually pick which one of those is the default for that product.

Although for 70% - 90% that would honor the image pattern we set in Warehouse/Shop, that's not true for some of them. Can that be achieved?

(Currently they had to manually pick that image and them using Rapido custom blocks exclude duplicate file names)

Best Regards,

Nuno Aguiar

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen

Hi Nuno,

Currently, it's not directly possible to select which ImagePattern will be used as the default image on the product. If you are using the new ImagePatterns, the default image will be the one coming from either the Master ImagePattern or the Variant ImagePattern.

So right now it's not possible to use different ImagePatterns as default image on different products.

Best regards,

Steffen

Nuno Aguiar Dynamicweb Employee
Nuno Aguiar

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for confirming. I did see in the JSON stored in the DB that there was a default property, so I was whishing for some workaround.

I'll post a feature request

Thanks,

Nuno Aguiar

You must be logged in to post in the forum