Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Issue when adding 2nd Variant Group to Product with extended variants

Issue when adding 2nd Variant Group to Product with extended variants

Søren Ravn Lund

Hello,

I am encountering an error when trying to add another variant group to a product that already has a variant group attached.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Choose a product in PIM that has variants (I have only tried with extended variants).
  2. Press Variants in ribbon. Add a variant group.
  3. Select options for all variants.
  4. Press save.
  5. Now DW drops the product id on all of the variants and they appear to be simple variants. Something messes up…

​I originally encountered the issue in DW 9.7.7 and then tested it in 9.8.5 where it is the same. 

Replies

Søren Ravn Lund

Bump - can anyone confirm the issue? Do you need more info?

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Søren,

It sounds like, it is something we have to investigate ..

Could you please contact our Support, with your information, so they can create a case on it..

/Søren

Søren Ravn Lund

I already did that - but it seemed that your support couldn't understand the problem (which I don't understand :-)) - so I tried my luck here.

I'll go back to support. Can you confirm the problem though?

Anett Nissen
Anett Nissen

Hi Søren,

I have experienced something similar before though I cannot remember if the product ids where dropped.

The cause in this instance was that some variant groups and/or som variant group options were not translated/created on all active languages, which caused the error when adding a new variant group to extended variants

I do not know if this could be of any help in your situation :-)

Søren Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Søren Jensen

Hi Søren,

I have now investigated your problem with Variants, on both DW9.7 & DW9.8, and can't reproduce the senario you explain.

When adding a new VariantGroup to a Product with an existing VariantGroup, it just add that new VariantDimension and keep the existing.

If you still can reproduce it, please make a Video to us.

/Søren

Søren Ravn Lund

Update: DW support has confirmed the issue and it's planned to be fixed in 9.8.10 (bugnumber: 82307)

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/downloads/releases/bug-fixes/known-bugs

You must be logged in to post in the forum