Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Group expressions with no expressions are not supported.

Group expressions with no expressions are not supported.

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running on DW 9.10.13.

I have noticed very often an error (the one from the title) on specific queries without any expressions defined.

But now, all of a sudden, I get this error regardless of the Query I am trying to open. And it seems to be a User-specific error.

I have 2 issues here:

1. Why is this error happening even for correct queries?

2. Can we get a friendlier message for this type of error avoiding breaking the access to all other queries?

This is the complete stack trace:

Group expressions with no expressions are not supported.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: Group expressions with no expressions are not supported.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NotSupportedException: Group expressions with no expressions are not supported.]
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.Expressions.ExpressionHelper.ThrowNoChildExpressionNotSupportedException() +62
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.Expressions.ExpressionHelper.DeserializeFromXml(XElement element) +2402
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.Expressions.ExpressionHelper.DeserializeFromXml(XElement element) +396
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.Expressions.ExpressionHelper.DeserializeFromXml(XElement element) +2376
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.QueryHelper.FillQueryWithExpressions(XElement root, IQuery query) +65
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.QueryHelper.ConvertToQuery(XElement obj) +277
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.QueryHelper.CopyQuery(IQuery query) +28
   Dynamicweb.Indexing.Querying.QueryService.Query(IQuery query, QuerySettings settings) +22
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.GetQueryProductIds(IQuery query, ValidateIndexInstanceDelegate validateIndexInstance, ListViewSettings listViewSettings, IEnumerable`1 idsFilter) +959
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.GetProductIdsFromQuery(IEnumerable`1 idsFilter) +135
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.GetProductIds() +304
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.get_ProductIdCollection() +27
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.GetProductsFromDatabase() +19
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.GetCardSubtitle() +791
   Dynamicweb.Admin.eComBackend.PimMaster.Page_PreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) +136
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +11905036
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +162
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +256
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6875

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

It's known issue already bugged by 4478. I hope it will be fixed in upcoming release. Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the confirmation.

I will keep an eye on the releases.

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Is there any workaround in the meantime?

I seem to keep getting this error every now and then.

Some sort of caching I think.

Thank you,
Adrian

Helene Kjærbøl

Hi Adrian,

Would this work for you?: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/pim/shared-query-group-expressions-with-no-expressions-are-not-supported?PID=1605

BR Helene

Adrian Ursu

Hi Helene,

Thank you very much for the link.

The behavior in my case is exactly as described.

I have checked the /System/Repositories/{RepoName} path and also the  /System/SmartSearches/Ecommerce path and all queries are correctly defined with Expressions.

I will Delete them all and recreate them one by one.

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

The issue has already been fixed in Dynamicweb.Indexing 6.0.7 can be downloaded from nuget if urgent. Enjoy.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Is there any way I can get directly the resulted DLL?

Thank you,

Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

Find zipped dll in the attachment.

BR, Oleg QA

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

@Adrian for future reference, you can download a package from NuGet (like the one that Oleg linked to):

That gives yuou a .nupkg file which you can rename to .zip. Then you can find trhe DLL in the lib folder:

Hope this helps,

Imar

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg, Thank you for the DLL.

@Imar Thank you for the details. I was very confused by the extension. I did not know how to use it. Now it's all clear.

Thank you both for your support.

Adrian

Jimmy Hartington
Jimmy Hartington

I had the same error.

But only for some users. The work-around was for this user to make a new query under "My Queries". A simple one with product name containing something.

And then delete this query. 

After that the other queries worked again.

You must be logged in to post in the forum