Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Cannot have multiple items selected in a DropDownList

Cannot have multiple items selected in a DropDownList

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I have a solution running on DW 9.13.5.

I have noticed that if I set the option to run index on product save on multiple warehouses, I get this error:

Should I be allowed to set this option on multiple Warehouses? Are there any limitations? Is it a bug?

Thank you,
Adrian

Replies

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

your description is not informative.  Where and when do you catch the exception (e.g. on saving warehouse has 'Auto-build index..' option enable etc.), what does 'multiple Warehouses' mean and what's your repository-index list? So, please specify it - steps, video (perferable). Nowadays repository admin's UI does not allow to have several repositories with the same name and several indexes with the same name inside one repository in fact, so your solution may have some customisation or files related to the reposityries-indexes were renamed and have the same name etc., perhaps. I can not catch the issue on Rapido solution has several warehouses having the option enabled and use the same index (9.13.10). Thanks.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I agree. I was too quick to add this post without proper details. I appologize.

My solution has several Warehouses, several channels and several ecommerce shops.

I am currently using only one index for all PIM queries.

I initially suspected the "Auto-build index when products are updated" option to be the root cause but now I am thinking that maybe the "Preview page" setting could also be the cause.

I have removed both of them from all shops (regardless of their type) and then I have added these 2 options for just one warehouse.

And the error is gone.

But, nevertheless, I would still like to make sure that the index is updated if a product is saved, regardless of the shop or shops the product is attached to (a products will surely be assigned to at least 2 shops). And I would also like to have the ability to set a preview of the product from whatever warehouse or query I access it in the PIM.

Does it make sense?

Thank you,
Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue anyway, please, have a look at the video regarding my check (9.13.10)

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

The only difference I see, is the version.

I will wait for 9.13.11 (there are some fixes that I am waiting for) and I will upgrade and retest. Hopefully, the issue would be gone. Otherwise, I will get back with a screencast from my solution.

Thank you,

Adrian

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

I believe the issue is related to having multiple indexes in the PIM folder.

I had 3 indexes in the PIM folder. Once I removed 2 of them and left just the PIM index, the error went away.

You can try it for yourself and validate it.

Thank you,
Adrian

Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce the issue anyway, please, have a look at the video regarding my check (9.13.11). Refer to support to submit new case if still repoduced and relevant.

BR, Oleg QA

Adrian Ursu

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for checking it.

If I am the only one Experiencing it, it's definitely my setup.

I will investigate more.

Thank you,

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum