Developer forum

Forum » PIM » Add to group vs. Publish to Ecom - marking active?

Add to group vs. Publish to Ecom - marking active?

Þórhallur Hálfdánarson
Þórhallur Hálfdánarson

Hi,

What exactly is the difference in the functionality behind the "Add to group" and "Publish to Ecom" options?

I noticed an issue with the former has an "issue" not showing the groups tree (http://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/feature-requests/feature-requests/pim-add-to-group), but after fiddling around that seems to be due to the fact that my only shop was not configured as a warehouse ("Use as PIM Product Warehouse" in the Shop settings), I noticed that seems to be the critera for shops showing up there.  That however results in the Shop disappearing from Ecommerce.  This might perhaps better be reflected in the UI (radio/toggle and labels indicating that it's xor).

So I'm concluding that the former offers only Warehouses, and the latter only [non-warehouse] Shops - and adding a warehouse confirms that.

However, we've noticed that when working with products in the PIM, there seems to be an issue with products sometimes being swapped to active although we have not touched the active flag on the products in questions.  We suspected that it might be due to the fact that we're using the "Publish to Ecom" option, but that still doesn't seem to set products to active - at least not always.

So the big question - is there any difference between the two, apart from showing Warehouses vs. Shops?

-Tolli

Replies

Steffen Kruse Hansen Dynamicweb Employee
Steffen Kruse Hansen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Tolli,

Where shouldn't be any difference between the 'Add to group' and the 'Publish to Ecom' functionality, except for the difference in that 'Add to group' displays the PIM Warehouses and 'Publish to Ecom' displays the Ecommerce shops.

I tried to reproduce the problem, but eventhough I publishing a non-active product to an Ecommerce shop, it was non-active afterwards. Do you still expirence the problem?

Best regards

Steffen

Votes for this answer: 1

Þórhallur Hálfdánarson
Þórhallur Hálfdánarson

Thanks for clarifying.

We haven't noticed it recently, no, but are keeping an open eye. :)

-Tolli

You must be logged in to post in the forum