Developer forum

Forum » PIM » 404 on Product preview

404 on Product preview

Michael Knudsen

Hello forum,

- has anyone successfully being using the Product preview feature in PIM? I have tried on a DW9.13.12 and DW9.14.3, but i'm getting a 404 error.

I'm getting a URL as following:
.../Admin/Module/eCom_Catalog/dw7/PIM/ProductPreview.aspx?PageId=1716&ProductID=1006500&GroupID=GROUP267&LanguageID=LANG2&PimPreview=true

But if I remove the &GroupID=GROUP267 from the URL I'll get a nice preview of the product?
.../Admin/Module/eCom_Catalog/dw7/PIM/ProductPreview.aspx?PageId=1716&ProductID=1006500&LanguageID=LANG2&PimPreview=true

Br. Michael Knudsen

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen Dynamicweb Employee
Nicolai Pedersen

Might be related to your URL settings - there are some 404 settings for groups and products out of context which could be the cause.

If you look at the 404 response header there might be a x-404-* header that explains the reason of the 404.

But it does look like we should do something to avoid those 404s

Michael Knudsen

Where do I find the 404 settings for groups and products as you mention?

This is the response headers from the page:

Nicolai Pedersen

These 4 can result in 404s:

Michael Knudsen

Hello Nicolai,

- none of these settings are related to the 'GroupID' parameter in the URL, so I won't change any of these settings, because it will lead to other nasty errors in case of missing products.

I found the solution to get previews to work, even I'm not 100% happy about the solution.
PIM warehouse have the 'Preview page' setting. On the PIM product should I select my PIM warehouse in the field 'Shop'. Then will the preview function work.

Question: Once the product is published to Ecommerce, what impact would/could it have, that I have selected the PIM warehouse in the shop field?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Nicolai Pedersen

That sounds like the "404 for products not in website shop" setting.

So if you try to preview a product on a page that does not have that warehouse published, the 404 will happen.

Michael Knudsen

I can't expect PIM products are published to a Ecommerce warehouse, before the user wants to preview product data, so that's why I'm not 100% happy about the currect solution.

But still, if I remove the GroupId from the preview URL the product are shown, no matter if the product are published or have any default shop selected.

Should this case be reported to support?

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Is there any news on this topic? I see that the issue is still relevant even for DW 9.15.X

Thank you,

Adrian

Kristoffer Krusborg Jensen Dynamicweb Employee
Kristoffer Krusborg Jensen

Hi Adrian,

Not sure if it helps, but I just tested on a SWIFT 1.21 and a DW 9.15.7 - and now it seems to work on a solution that didn't have working preview before. 
A fix was released in:

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi Kristoffer,

Thank you for the info.

My test was in 9.15.2. I will upgrade and retest.

Thank you very much.

Adrian

You must be logged in to post in the forum