Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Rapido and NAV 2018

Rapido and NAV 2018

Adrian Ursu Dynamicweb Employee
Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

I am just about to start a new project based on Rapido that is supposed to integrate with NAV 2018.

I would like to know if I need to use a specific Integration Framework Version and if there is a sample code specific to NAV 2018.

Generally, I would like to know if there are any points I need to pay special attention to in this integration.

Thank you,

Adrian

Replies

Adrian Ursu

Hi guys,

Any suggestion? It looks like Integration Framework V2 is more comprehensive but I am not sure if the "BETA" mention means it is still buggy and cannot be used for production scenarios.

I would appreciate your feedback,

Thank you,
Adrian

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Adrian,
the only available for download sample NAV code unit was used with old Integration Framework. In the new Integration Framework v2 the ERP xml requests/responses format was changed so you will need a new NAV code unit to support that or changing the existing NAV code unit for the changed xml requests/responses format.
I am not sure the sample NAV code unit will work fine without any changes in NAV 2018, maybe it would require some adjustments.
Regards, Dmitrij

Adrian Ursu

Hi Dmitrij,

Thank you for the response.

Isn't NAV 2018 on the list of supported ERP versions? Is there any reason not to have a new code unit supporting it?

Who should be responsible for the new code unit for NAV 2018? I would imagine I am not the only one trying to connect with it. Or am I?

Thank you,

Adrian

Suzette Cruz

Hi,

I also have a project that needs to connect with NAV 2018 but apparently, as I try to import the sample Nav code unit under the downloadable files. I encountered issues upon running it.

Can I have a working Code Unit to connect with NAV 2018?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks

Dan Hørlyck Kristensen
Dan Hørlyck Kristensen
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Suzette

I will contact you via email with a NAV2018 code unit. This code unit has the same features that have been documented on the doc site for integration framework 1. 

I suspect you have downloaded the .zip file ending with '...NavExampleCode'. This code unit contains example code whose purpose is to demonstrate how to add new requests to it. You can remove that code snippit which should take care of your issue.

We are also developing a new code unit which support more features. These features include, but are not limited to:

• Ability to import multiple NAV contacts per customer card.
  • Ability to import all addresses incl. alternative address and all ship-to addresses. 
  • Ability to import sales people from NAV and all linked contact cards for the purpose of impersonation. 
  • Ability to import Item Categories and Attributes from NAV (from NAV 2017 onwards).
  • Ability to import inventory locations and get inventory per item per location. 
  • Ability to query orders, invoices and credit memos as PDF.
  • Ability to get Customer Statement as PDF.
These features will be released in four separate code units - one for each version of NAV 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2018.
They will be released without example code and can be added without warnings.
They will be released within the next few weeks.

Sincerely,
Dan Kristensen Hørlyck
Product Manager, Integrations
Votes for this answer: 1

Kurt Moskjær Andersen
Kurt Moskjær Andersen

Hi Dan,

Any news on this one?

--
Best regards
Kurt Moskjaer Andersen

Dan Hørlyck
Dan Hørlyck

Hi Kurt,

Development of the code units has completed. They have passed quality assurance. We are finishing documentation.

If you are interested in the code units, before documentation is ready, you are welcome to write me an email. 

Sincerely,
Dan Kristensen Hørlyck

You must be logged in to post in the forum