Developer forum

Forum » Integration » New products into default group

New products into default group

Allan Have Jakobsen
Allan Have Jakobsen

Hi,

I'm trying to import all new products into a default group "New products" in PIM, then the user should move products to another group, and detach the product from the "New products" group.

I've tried using the Ecom Provider, set Groups to a contant, and check "Apply on create only", but the products that are moved to another group is readded to the "New products" group.

Do anyone have an idea how to do this ? 

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk
This post has been marked as an answer

Hi Allan,
that two options are not connected to product groups relations and that is why it doesn't work.
Can you try some other approach like importing products as inactive(field ProductActive set to "false") and then the user will move them where needed and activate?
If this appproach is not suitable then you will probably need to write some custom table script C# code to check your importing product on existence and if it already exists then update source "Groups" field with that product groups(comma separated values like "Group1,Group2") so they will be not overwritten.
Regards, Dmitrij

Votes for this answer: 1

Allan Have Jakobsen
Allan Have Jakobsen

Hi Dmitrij,

Thank you, I have looked at an approach where we created a Query in PIM to get products with Group count = 0 or empty, but the query didn't show the products without groups.
I do like the approach better then adding products to "New products", because the user don't have to detach the product from "New products", I think it's an indexing issue with this approach.

I think, I will go with the table script if I can't find the indexing issue.

You must be logged in to post in the forum