Developer forum

Forum » Integration » NavNCLArgumentException

NavNCLArgumentException

Michael Knudsen

Hello forum,

- has anyone seen this error before?

The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. Response: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Types.Exceptions.NavNCLArgumentException' was thrown.

Using the built-in 'Test' feature for one of my Business Central Endpoints I receive the error above.

Dynamicweb codeunit request: <GetEcomData><tables><Customers type="all" importSalesPeople="false" /></tables></GetEcomData>

Other endpoints to Products, Units, Manufactures etc. works as expected.

<tables version="1.2.0.23_NAV20.0.44266.46131">

Br. Michael Knudsen

Replies

Carolee Schuck Dynamicweb Employee
Carolee Schuck

Hi Michael,

This is a familiar error but not one that I've documented for myself.  That leads me to believe it's not a great mystery - just an a syntax error.  Happy to take a look at the code (but no guarantees!) if you'd like to attach it.

Carolee

Michael Knudsen

Hello Carolee,

- and thanks for your feedback, but we are using the Dynamicweb Plugin unit on Business Central (which returns the error on the test request) and I haven't done any additionel coding.

Version: 1.2.0.23_NAV20.0.44266.46131

Dynamicweb codeunit request: <GetEcomData><tables><Customers type="all" importSalesPeople="false" /></tables></GetEcomData>

Br. Michael Knudsen

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Michael,
I can not reproduce that, I  was checking on 1.2.0.26, but maybe it doesn't make any difference as there were no changes regarding this request btw 1.2.0.23 and 1.2.0.26.
Does it work when you have a request: <GetEcomData><tables><Customers type="all" importSalesPeople="true" /></tables></GetEcomData>?
What is your BC version: OnPremise or cloud?

BR, Dmitrij

Michael Knudsen

Hello Dmitriy,

- unfortunately it doesn't make any difference in the response, if I use importSalesPeople="true" or importSalesPeople="false". The BC is running in the cloud.

Is there any logs in Dynamicweb or BC that could be useful to check - or how do I debug this?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Michael,
the debugging is only available on the sandboxes, so it is needed to make a copy of your production environment to a sandbox environment:
(or maybe you can even try on a clean sandbox environment if the issue is even there)
https://community.dynamics.com/business/f/dynamics-365-business-central-forum/370681/info-how-to-debug-on-business-central-cloud-version
Then you can make a user with "Super" permission and generate the "Web Service Access Key" so I can try to connect to your sandbox and
debug the solution and probably find the line where if fails.
If that is possible you can send the user name and webservice key details to my email: dbe@dynamicweb-cms.com
BR, Dmitrij

Michael Knudsen

Hello Dmitrity,

- I've sent you an e-mail, but I don't know if you have received it?

Br. Michael Knudsen

Michael Knudsen
This post has been marked as an answer

Breaking news!

Dmitrity have done it again, with his unsually awesome super skills have he been able to find a "invalid" char in a customer e-mail address!

All the best,
Michael Knudsen

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum