Developer forum

Forum » Integration » ItemProvider: Any documentation?

ItemProvider: Any documentation?

Marie Louise Veigert

Hi,

I'm having a solution, which uses the ItemProvider. DW Version: 8.8.1.32. 

I can't find any documentation about the ItemProvider. Are there any documentation about the provider?

Replies

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi,

This is a sore point -  unfortunately, the ItemProvider is currently undocumented.

our documetation writer has been bugging me for a while to give him something to work with, so I'll make sure to get him something as soon as possible, and we'll up it up on the doc site along with the rest of the data integration documentation.

I'll let you know when it's done.

Regards, Jonas

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Marie,

you can now read the Item Provider documentation here: http://doc.dynamicweb.com/documentation-9/integration/integration-providers/item-provider

Regards, Dmitrij

Marie Louise Veigert

Thanks.

Is it possible to choose the item Id depending on a field in the XML? Example an ID field.

In the documentation you have linked, it seems possible, but when I try, it leaves the item id blank and doesn't fill out any item fields. It only fill out the paragraph name, as I have chosen in the item settings.

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Marie,
it is not clear what you want to achieve. You can choose the columns in the data integration job editing where you can see the mappings from source/to destination.
What you mean "it leaves the item id blank and doesn't fill out any item fields"? It is not possible to save the row in the database ItemType_{your item} table with blank item id.
Could you attach you input xml file and you data integration job xml file?
Regards, Dmitrij

Marie Louise Veigert

It's customerdata, so do you have an email?

Dmitriy Benyuk

dbe@dynamicweb.dk

Dmitriy Benyuk

HI Marie,
can you select the "Id" as a Key Column, save and close the job, and try to import again?

Untitled.jpg

Marie Louise Veigert

I've tried, and it still fails.

And I'm in version 8.8.1.32 of Dynamicweb and not 9 :)

Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Marie,
can you edit the job and add the mapping from Id -> to some other column fx:
<sourceColumn>Id</sourceColumn><destinationColumn>BrokerID</destinationColumn>
and make the "BrokerID" as a KeyColumn, and remove the mapping Id->Id and run the job?
This should import the items with item ids auto generated, and on the next runs it should match the existing items by the "BrokerID" KeyColumn values

Marie Louise Veigert
This post has been marked as an answer

It worked! :) 

Votes for this answer: 1

You must be logged in to post in the forum