Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Importing to EComProducts does not add to EcomFieldOption and EcomFieldOptionTranslate

Importing to EComProducts does not add to EcomFieldOption and EcomFieldOptionTranslate

Lars Bruun
Lars Bruun

When importing from CSV or Excel to EcomProducts via EcomProvider the Custom fields defined af List types are populated correct in the EcomProducts table.

However the different values found, are not added to EcomFieldOption and EcomFieldOptionTranslate tables as expected.

As this fails, the List fields are left blank when displayed on products in PIM.
We would expect the two tables to be populated with one entry for each occurence of different values found during the import..

How can we make that happen ?

Importing directly to the EComFieldOpstion works with the Dynamicweb Provider.

However this leaves the EcomFieldOptionTranslate tables empty until listiing and saving the List on the Customfield
And by the way, when deleting af value in the list thru admin, deletes the entryn in EcomFieldOption correctly. But the associated entry in EcomFieldOptionTranslate is not deleted.

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Lars,
the Ecom provider is not able to create the custom product fields automatically. You need to use the Dynamicweb provider for that.
If you could use the Xml provider as a source it can import product fields based on the definition of the <config> section but it doesn't support complex fields like lists.
So you need to make a job using the DynamicwebProvider as a destination, or two jobs one with Dynamicweb Provider as a destination to import fields definitions and second with Ecom provider to import data.

We will look on the kept deletes in the EcomFieldOptionTranslate table.
Regards, Dmitrij

Oleg Rodionov Dynamicweb Employee
Oleg Rodionov

Hi,

The issue related to not removing data from EcomFieldOptionTranslate table is reproduced on last DW94 in fact. New TFS 48363 has been created against the bug, will be fixed on further DW94 hotfix/release. Thanks for observing.

BR, Oleg QA

Kristian Kirkholt Dynamicweb Employee
Kristian Kirkholt

Hi Lars

The problem regarding #48363 "Data in EcomFieldOptionTranslate not removed on deleting related option field" has now been resolved in Dynamicweb version 9.4.8

To upgrade please choose this version download here:

http://doc.dynamicweb.com/releases-and-downloads/releases

Let me know if you need any more help regarding this

Kind Regards
Dynamicweb Support
Kristian Kirkholt

Lars Bruun
Lars Bruun

@ Dmitriy Benyuk 

Hi.

That i also what i thougt i could do.

Now doing the import via the Dynamicweb provider, an any new Custom fields are automatcaly created.

However i cannot move the List field values as you mention, as they may belong to the recent created Customfield thay may hace another ID than in the source database.

Wil try to document more in detail if you cant grasp it from here..

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Lars,
no, it is a bit unclear for me what you want to achieve. Ideally you need to have the source with
EcomProductField - PK [ProductFieldId]
[EcomFieldOption] - PK [FieldOptionId], [FieldOptionFieldId] is a FK to EcomProductField.ProductFieldId
EcomFieldOptionTranslation - EcomFieldOptionTranslationOptionID is a FK to EcomFieldOption.FieldOptionId
so you need to have the ids set in the source in order to import the relations correctly.
Regards, Dmitrij

You must be logged in to post in the forum