Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Importing existing giftcards

Importing existing giftcards

Eva Sommer

Hi, 

We are to import a lot of existing giftcards from excel. I have followed the suggestion from the post linked in the bottom, and gift cards have been created in [EcomGiftCard] . But run into a few problems.

1. The original giftcard codes throws an error because of encoding, when going to giftcards in DW. What should I encode these values with for them to still work for the customer - Base64?
  2. I need to add to [EcomGiftCardTransaction]. But 'GiftCardTransactionOrderId' and 'GiftCardTransactionOrderLineId' cannot be null. What can I do here?
    • I did a test with a giftcard purchases via the shop, and used that ordersId and OrderlineId, but since it is marked red in DW, I guess this is not a solution :)
  3.  I have a Card amount and Card balance. How to I handle this in 'GiftCardTransactionAmount'
    • Can I just add the balance, and then skip Card amount (this can fx be part of the name for shop owner to know)

Excel rows

Card ID Card Name Card Code Card Amount Card Balance Card Currency Created Date ExpirationDate
1975 Gift card 400 EXQTA-T4LB5-Q9BBB 400.00 15.00 DKK 24-04-2019 24-04-2021

Followed this post
https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/integration/integration/import-of-giftcards

Under giftcards in DW:

Gavekort - 500 test (first line/black one) if created the normal way from a purchase in the frontend. 

Gift card 1975, is marked red when reusing orderId and OrderlineId from the first one. So something else must be done to create them

DW version:
Cloud All-In-One - Premium version 9.12.5

Replies

Morten Snedker Dynamicweb Employee
Morten Snedker

Hi,

It is now possible to set/get encryption via API. So, when importing you may use a table script on the Data Integration job to encrypt the code in order to have it decoded correctly.

Using API:

Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.GiftCards.GiftCardService gcs = new Dynamicweb.Ecommerce.GiftCards.GiftCardService();
            gcs.EncryptCode("");
            gcs.DecryptCode("");

BR
Snedker

You must be logged in to post in the forum