Developer forum

Forum » Integration » DynamicwebConnector Service have issues when installing

DynamicwebConnector Service have issues when installing

Suzette Cruz

Hi,

I am currently working on a project to integrate NAV 2018 to DW. As I try to follow the steps on the documentation, I have encountered some issues in the installation of Dynamicweb Connector Service.

Here's the log when I try to run this command 

"c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\vx.x.xxxx\installUtil.exe DynamicwebConnectorService.exe"

Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   logfile = C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.InstallLog
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.exe
Installing service DynamicwebService...
Creating EventLog source DynamicwebService in log Application...
An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.ServiceProcess.ServiceInstaller.
System.InvalidOperationException: Service DynamicwebService was not found on computer '.'.
The inner exception System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception was thrown with the following error message: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   logfile = C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.InstallLog
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.exe
Restoring event log to previous state for source DynamicwebService.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Replies

Nicolai Pedersen

Hi Suzette

Can you please provide the install log mentioned? C:\Program Files\DynamicwebConnectorService\DynamicwebConnectorService.InstallLog

Thanks, Nicolai

Imar Spaanjaars Dynamicweb Employee
Imar Spaanjaars

Also, could it be a 32 bit versus 64 bit machine issue? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1650925/net-installutil-utility-32-bit-vs-64-bit

Suzette Cruz

Hello,

I already resolved the issue. I just run the command prompt as administrator and it works.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to post in the forum