Developer forum

Forum » Integration » Data Integration Activity: Columns are not updating

Data Integration Activity: Columns are not updating

Asim Shahzad

Hi,

We have a data integration activity which user which uses XML as a Source provider and User provider as destination provider.

we have added a custom field which we expect to see in Destination columns list but it is not showing up there. Also we added the same column in the XML file which should be visible on Source columns list aswell.

But we can not see any of them. BTW we are not using "Create mappings at runtime". 

weired thing is i see both coumns when i create a new test activity with the same source and destination provider.

Does anyone know how i can solve with the existing activity. 

We are using DW 9.4.14 and Dynamicweb.DataIntegration.dll 2.0.9.

Regards

Asim

Replies

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Asim,

This problem looks like to that one already answered some time ago: https://doc.dynamicweb.com/forum/integration/integration/integration-dosent-refresh

Try to open the integration job. If Dynamicweb has detected changes to the schema you should see a button in the toolbar, Check tables schema (is this visible?).
Click that button and read the reported changes and messages. Click OK.
Fix any broken column mappings. Click Save and close.

It looks like you are using a bit old version of Dynamicweb, so you could try to upgrade and see if your problem is solved.

Best regards, Dmitrij

Asim Shahzad

Hi Dmitriy,

I know we are using an older version but we are not sure if at this point we are going to upgreade it.

Do you know why it works when we create a new activity ?

BTW here is what i see in the "Check table schema"

"

Destination NewColumns [Table: AccessUser, Columns: AccessUser_CustomerAccessUserId, AccessUser_SuperadminId, AccessUser_CompanyContinuation, AccessUser_BillingCompanyContinuation, AccessUser_BillingBillReferenceName, AccessUser_BillingAddress2, AccessUser_CompanyNumber], [Table: AccessUserGroup, Columns: AccessGroup_CustomerAccessGroupId, AccessGroup_SuperadminId, AccessGroup_CompanyContinuation, AccessGroup_BillingCompanyContinuation, AccessGroup_BillingBillReferenceName, AccessGroup_BillingAddress2, AccessGroup_CompanyNumber]  
Source MissingTablesInMapping AccessUser

"

Also i dont know how to fix these errors, any thoughts will be appericiated.

Regards

Asim

Dmitriy Benyuk Dynamicweb Employee
Dmitriy Benyuk

Hi Asim,
It works when you create a new job because it does not do any existing job schema comparings, when you open the existing job then schema-comparer tries to identify the changed tables, columns.
For fixing the errors you need to click OK on the dialog with that information. Then you might need manually to re-check, fix missing column mappings.
Regards, Dmitrij

You must be logged in to post in the forum