Developer forum

Forum » Integration » CSVprovider -> Userprovider: Problem with conditionals

CSVprovider -> Userprovider: Problem with conditionals

Manon Wekking

Hey,

I am trying to use the conditional on a table mapping. As I understand it, it can create a condition on the table mapping. So how does this exactly work. I was trying to add the condition to a column and then set some constants on parameters, but it didn't work. So then I started experimenting and I added a condition which couldn't be met (I just entered "Bla") but the importer just kept on importing. I've tried looking into the documentation and looked at the videos about the CSV provider but none of it is mentioned.

So I expect the following: When I set a condition (or more) then I expect that rows that match that condition will be handled according to the column mappings stated for that table mapping. Say for example I got this CSV:

"Name";"Company";"Chess";"Yellow"

"Name2";"Company2";"Checkers";"Blue"

And I would add a conditional on column 4 stating "Blue" I would expect only Row 2 to be imported, is that a correct assumption?

I'm using DW 8.9.1.6.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Manon Wekking

Replies

Jonas Krarup Dam

Hi Manon,

Your assumption is correct.

Do you have a solution that's available for me to take a look at, where you see these problems? 

Regards, Jonas

Manon Wekking

Hey Jonas,

The solution is here: https://pentair-staging.azurewebsites.net/Admin/default.aspx

The data is confidential, so I hope you will handle it with care.

I've created two import jobs called Import Companies from CSV and Import Users from CSV 2, in the latter I've added a conditional. It checks if a column contains Bla at this moment, but the user gets imported nonetheless.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonas Krarup Dam
This post has been marked as an answer

Ahh, right - that's because filters only work on active columns.

since the the column you are checking on isn't included in the import, the filter is ignored.

/Jonas

Votes for this answer: 1

Manon Wekking

Thank you Jonas, that helped indeed :) Would be good to add that to the documentation I think :)

Jonas Krarup Dam

I've asked our documentation writer to add it :-)

You must be logged in to post in the forum